I need help
This project will concentrate on two important geologic topics: (1) ?rocks? (petrology a sub-science of geology) and, (2) ?fossils? (paleontology a sub-science of geology). It will also require you to engage in some geological research on your local area (in preparation for the final exam). It is recommended that you support your answers with graphics (e.g. photographs, maps, graphs, diagrams, cross-sections, geologic time charts, etc.), if they help with explanations or descriptions and are directly related to the answer.
(NOTE: You will need to go to your state or national geological survey/natural resources department to get this information ? see course Webliography under Calif. Dept. of Natural Resources for all the state geological websites).
1) Define the geological term ?bedrock? (also bed rock). What type of surface material may be covering many bedrock areas, and what geological processes placed it above the bedrock?
2) What type of bedrock is in your local area? Identify the rock type and its geological age (Period). What type of surface material is covering the bedrock in your local area?
3) Are there other types of bedrock in your region (US state, foreign nation?s regions or districts, or island)? Describe the distribution (you may use a geologic surface/bedrock map to show this distribution).
4) Does the change in bedrock also change the topography (terrain) of your region? Are there particular, or even spectacular, geologic features related to the different bedrock types (e.g. mountains, volcanoes, intrusive igneous features, river valleys, coastlines, lakes, sand dunes, caves and caverns)?
4) Define the geological term ?fossil?. What is ?fossilization? and how does it occur? Give examples of the various types of fossils with geologic location examples. What do fossils indicate to geologists about Earth?s geologic and biologic history?
5) Are there any fossils in your region (state, district, or island)? If so, what fossils are found there and what type of rock are they found in? What is the geologic period and age range (mya) that these fossils were formed in? What type of fossilization occurred there? If there are any regional or state parks with fossils in your region you may use these locations.
If there are no fossil sites or discoveries near you choose a location with fossils from below:
?Dinosaur National Monument, Colorado/Utah
?Badlands National Park, South Dakota
?Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona
?Calvert Cliffs State Park, Maryland
6) In a paragraph explain how fossil evidence supports the ?Theory of Evolution? and the ?Theory of Plate Tectonics??
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 21, 2019EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
STUCK WITH YOUR PAPER?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.