Directions for Self-Edit (30 points):
Open the most recent draft of your comparison and contrast essay in MS Word. Turn on TRACK CHANGES from the REVIEW tab in Word, and complete the following process, making sure each edit you complete is clear via Word?s automatic Track Changes markup feature.
- Use the Find function in MS Word to search for each of these second person pronouns one at a time: you, your, yours. Eliminate any of these that you find. You will often have to revise other aspects of the sentence and not simply delete these words.
- Use the Find function in MS Word to search one at a time for each of these first-person singular pronouns: I, me, my, mine. For every one of these you find, check the rest of that paragraph to make sure that you have not shifted to one of these plural forms of a first person pronoun: we, us, our, ours. If you have made this shift in number, revise the paragraph so that all first person pronouns in the paragraph are the same in number (either all are singular or all are plural). There is a chance you may have missed one of the second person pronouns when you did #1 above. So, also make sure that you don?t shift from any of the first person pronouns (listed above) to a second person pronoun (you, your, yours).
- Use the Find function in MS Word to search for each of these third person plural pronouns one at a time: they, them, their, theirs. Check to see whether the antecedent (the noun to which the pronoun refers) is singular or plural. For every singular antecedent of one of these plural pronouns, revise so that both noun and pronoun are plural if at all possible. (If for some reason this makes the sentence very awkward, you should revise so that both are singular.)
- Use the Find function in MS Word to search for each of these third person singular pronouns one at a time: she, her, hers, he, him, his, it, its. Check to see whether the antecedent (the noun to which the pronoun refers) is singular or plural. For every plural antecedent of one of these singular pronouns, revise so that both noun and pronoun are plural if at all possible. (If for some reason this makes the sentence very awkward, you should revise so that both are singular.)
Running Head: HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGES HIGH SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY 1 HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGES 2 These days more and more people have realized that high schools and colleges have great
importance in choosing and learning an occupation. Therefore, when students choose a school,
they research every aspect of the school. People may also compare high schools with colleges. However, although the education methods of high schools and colleges are alike, there
are dissimilarities about social activities and facilities, tuition fees and the usage of technology
between them. To begin with the similarity, teachers at high schools and colleges educate
students by using the same method. There are always exams at both high schools and colleges.
Students take exams, and then pass the class according to the results of these exams. There are
also oral exams at both of them. These exams affect students? passing class, too. By this way,
they learn lots of information about their interests. These interests help students choose the right and pleasant work in future. As for the
differences between high schools and colleges, dissimilar social activities and facilities are the
chief differences. There are laboratories, computer rooms, canteens and theatres at high schools.
Also, there are spots activities such as basketball, football and table tennis. However, when
students benefit from these facilities, they are supposed to obey some rules of the school like
wearing school uniform and not using cell phones. In colleges, on the other hand, students can take advantage of lots of facilities freely. For
example, they can use their cell phones in campus. There are also cinemas, concert halls and lots
of sport fields which do not exist at high schools. College students can rest in cafes or big
libraries by reading. Therefore, colleges have much more social activities and facilities than high HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGES 3 schools. Another difference between high schools and colleges is the tuition fees. At high
schools, students have to pay only registration fee. Moreover, students do not have to pay any fee
for subsequent years. However, the tuition cost of private high schools are excessive. On the
other hand, tuition fees of colleges are paid differently. Even, after students enroll in college, they have to pay tuition fee for every term.
Moreover, the amount of the fees changes for every term. Apart from this, the students of distinct
departments pay different amount of tuition fee. For instance, English Language Teaching
Department students pay much more than Economy students. In brief, students at high schools
do not have to pay tuition fee for many times like college students. The last difference between high schools and colleges is the technology system used for
the lessons. Each student may not be able to utilize a computer at high schools. Sometimes, two
or more students are supposed to use a computer together in computer lessons. Also, schools may
not have enough equipment to make tests for science lessons and to use projection for each other
lessons such as history and math?s. Colleges, on the other hand, take advantage of nearly every
new technology. There are also large computer classes cafes equipped with lots of computers for
students of colleges. Students may be supposed to take part in lessons with their presentations
thanks to technological devices. Consequently, high schools cannot benefit from technologies as much as colleges. To
sum it up, high schools and colleges are important in people?s life. Everyone should benefit from
the education of both high schools and colleges to be aware of life, and to see the distinctive HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGES
features between them. For this aim, people should know that the education of high schools and
colleges is similar; however, there are not resembling activities and facilities, tuition fees and
technological systems between them. 4
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 14, 2020EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
STUCK WITH YOUR PAPER?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.