Please read these assignment instructions before writing your paper, and re-read them often during and after the writing process to make sure that you are fulfilling all of the instructions. Please also utilize the assignment guidance and the outlined model provided.
In the Week One Assignment, you formulated a concrete ethical question, took a position on that topic, and identified a reason supporting and a reason opposing that position. In the Week Three Assignment, you discussed either deontological or utilitarian theory, applied that theory to the question, and raised a relevant objection.
By engaging with the course material, you now have had a chance to refine your thinking and broaden your understanding of the problem by approaching it from the perspective of multiple ethical theories.
In this paper, you will demonstrate what you have learned by writing an essay in which you
- Present a revised formulation of the ethical question and introduction to the topic.
- Explain the kind of reasoning you think is the best way to approach this question, and how that reasoning supports the position you think is strongest.
- Raise an objection, and be able to respond to it.
Write an essay that conforms to the requirements below. The paper must be 1500 to 2000 words in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The paragraphs of your essay should conform to the following guidelines:
- IntroductionYour first paragraph should begin with the topic question, suitably revised. It should be focused, concrete, and on a relevant moral problem. You should then introduce the topic in the way described by the Week One instructions, but reflecting the developed understanding and information you have gained about the topic and any necessary refinement of the scope.
Follow this with a thesis statement that states your position, and a brief description of the primary reason(s) supporting your position. (See the handout onthesis statementsprovided). Finally, provide a brief preview of the overall aim and procedure of your paper.
- Explanation and Demonstration of Moral ReasoningThis section of the Final Paper will explain and demonstrate what you believe to be the best way of reasoning about the question you have chosen, and showing how that reasoning supports the position you have taken on the question. You might explain the principles, rules, values, virtues, conceptions of purposes and ends, and other general ideas that you find persuasive, and show how they support concrete judgments.
In the course of doing so, you must make reference to at least two of the approaches that we have examined in the course (such as deontological, utilitarian, or virtue-based), and utilize at least one resource off the provided list for each of the two approaches. One of these theories may be the theory you discussed in your Week Three Assignment, but your discussion here should be more refined.
For example, you might find the reasoning associated with Aristotelian virtue ethics to be the most compelling, and reference Aristotle in the process of showing how that reasoning supports a certain conclusion. In the course of this, you could contrast that with a utilitarian approach, referencing Mill for instance.
- Objection and ResponseAfter explaining the ethical reasoning that supports your position, you should raise an objection and respond to it. An objection articulates a plausible reason why someone might find the argument weak or problematic. You should explain how it brings out this weakness, and do so in a way that would be acceptable to someone who disagrees with your own argument. Then, provide the best response you can to the objection, showing how it does not undermine your position. Your response should not simply restate your original position or argument, but should say something new in support of it.
- ConclusionProvide a conclusion that sums up what you presented in the paper and offers some final reflections.
You must use at least four scholarly resources. Two of the resources must be drawn from the list of acceptable primary resources on each of the two theories you discuss. For example, if you discuss deontology and virtue ethics, you would need at least one resource under the ?Deontology? list and at least one resource under the ?Virtue Ethics? list. The other two may be from either the Required or Recommended Resources, or scholarly resources found in the Ashford University Library.
- The textbook may be cited, but it does not count toward the resource requirement. If you cite the textbook, you will still need to cite at least four more sources that fulfill the requirements stated above.
- If you need help with finding additional resources, or are unsure about whether a particular resource will count toward the requirement, please contact your instructor.
- For sources to count toward the resources requirement, they must be cited within the text of your paper and on the reference page. Sources that are listed on the references page, but not cited within the paper, do not count toward fulfilling the resources requirement.
- For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you!
The Final Paper:
- Must be 1500 to 2000 words in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in theAshford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student?s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor?s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement and statement of procedure.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must make meaningful reference to at least two of the ethical theories studied in the course.
- Must use at least four scholarly resources that fulfill the stated requirements.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The paper has to be relevant and not plagiarized please and thank you
Running Head: GENDER AND EQUALITY
1 Gender and Equality
6 July 2016 GENDER AND EQUALITY
2 GENDER AND EQUALITY
Sexual harassment in the workplace
Gender equality is achieved mainly when female and men enjoy the same privileges and
chances across all sectors of culture, counting economic contribution and decision-making, as
well as when the different behaviors, goals, and requirements of women, as well as men, are
similarly valued as well as favored. (gender equality, 2014)
The aim of this study proposal is to put forward a check of ?sexual harassment at workplace?.
Mainly, sexual harassment is a structure of sex discrimination that infringes Human
Privileges to equality in place of work. It is indeed extremely unfortunate to recognize that
such a problem is still happening in an abandoned manner today. Sexual aggravation is an
illegal conduct. And also, it should not be accepted in the place of work. Sexual harassment
demotes to unfriendly sexual behavior. It contains physical, verbal and also, the non-verbal
behavior of sexual nature, unnecessary sexual advances, and also, sexist statements, demands
as well as also, requests for sexual supports and showing pornography. It is correct that every
individual has the privileges to life, liberty as well as equality. (vic, 2014)
Many of them argue that sexual harassment not passes the utilitarian principle. Mainly,
utilitarianism preserves that the ethically right action is the individual that gives the greatest
pleasure for all those influenced. Acts are morally permissible if and only if it maximizes
helpfulness, which is the maximum total quantity of pleasure or the least amount of pain.
Related to the main principles of utilitarianism, it is doubtful in the cases of sexual
misbehave. A victim acquires an assignment and also, work from submitting a sexual GENDER AND EQUALITY
3 annoyance is not valid profession qualifications. Mainly, sexual harassment would also
unconstructively affect the performance of the sufferers. This evidence explains that it is the
harasser who acquires the highest pleasures from the action; although the victim receives the
maximum amount of pain in the method. Consequently, sexual harassment is unprincipled as
it reduces the net communal benefits.
Sexual harassment also not passes the rule utilitarianism. The regulation preserves that the
correct principles of right and incorrect are those that would maximize pleasure if culture
adopted them. With extra people recognize what sexual harassment is, it is small tolerated in
the place of work and broadly agreed as an ethically wrong action from the culture. (Smith,
Some scholars object towards Virtue morals to sexual harassment. It is contrasting because it
is merely sensitive as well as not action related. In contrast towards deontology as well as
utilitarian ideology, it not passes to deal with the results of one?s action as well as behavior
despite the result. Utilitarian recommend that the finish justifies the means although Kantian
ethics suggest that the means justifies the finish. General weakness recognized in ethics of
virtue is the standard that focuses chiefly on the finish of the action, and also, judges act
regarding the outcome produced by the action. Additionally, it is measured a breakdown in
case of sexual harassment for the reason that it focuses on the harasser who creates the choice
due to drawbacks placed on his ability to create options. The individual is left to choose what
is virtuous. This is intolerable in the case of sexual harassment in the location of work. What
the company considers as morally incorrect might be believed right the eyes of the harasser.
Subsequently, this is harmful to culture at big. Sexual surroundings affect an individual?s GENDER AND EQUALITY
4 efficiency and profession performance. It decreases net communal benefits and increases
Sexual harassment, studied from utilitarian, deontology as well as central virtue-beliefs
cannot be universalized because it is ethically wrong. The victim is treated with no respect as
well as generally in pain while the harasser has superior happiness. It obviously contradicts
the moral hypothesis of deontology. Deontology, as well as Utilitarian thoughts, consider the
morals and consequences of one?s deeds and behavior despite the result, but it fails to relate
the virtuous temperament traits. Sexual harassment is immoral, a vice as well as a not virtue
in the place of work. (Ferguson, 2014)
Despite the reality that there has been unrestraint of female, where the latter have become
cultured, self-expressive and conscious of regulations, there is still a sexual misuse of
women. Conversely, we cannot turn a sightless eye also to the reality that although less
common, men can also be sufferers of sexual harassment. Numerous studies have exposed
that female is also sexually harassing men. Additionally, nowadays we also discover the
equivalent sex harassing each other, and also, men attacking men as well as women harassing
female respectively. The common of situations of sexual harassment which have been
described and brought earlier than the Courts in diverse countries still explain that sexual
harassment occurs when a person who is in an incredibly powerful position applies his
critical position to annoy others who are in a susceptible area. In other words, mainly, this
would involve that somebody who is in the main of the ladder applies his power to trouble
incessantly another being who is at the underneath of the hierarchical steps of the
organization. Different international associations, trade unions, women's organizations and GENDER AND EQUALITY
5 other force groups have exposed that sexual annoyance is becoming dangerous
circumstances, particularly in the area of employment.
On the whole sexual harassment influences an individual's work, and also, interferes as well
as disturbs the performance. Subsequently, intimidated, unpleasant and hostile surroundings
come into play. There is an unconstructive impact on efficiency as there will be increased
absenteeism and loss of precious staff as a result of discontent at work, little self-esteem,
aggravation and loss of faith. Studies show that separately from causing financial harm, and
also, sexual harassment can also have an unconstructive effect on the person psychology.
Victims may experience from various complications similar to insomnia, depression as well
as loss of attention in the family. Whether public and also, the private sector, and also, sexual
harassment can be extremely humiliating as well as this may direct to health and protection
problem. (Boland, 2016)
The research plan seeks to examine the actual circumstances of sexual harassment at the
place of work. There are myths describing that sexual harassment happens mostly to older
citizens because of their financial vulnerability. It is also accurate that sexual harassment is
not fundamentally limited to sexual wish and pleasant physical appearance because sexual
harassment is applied to bully and threaten the victims. Therefore, we can observe that no one
is protected from this issue. (Boland, 2016) GENDER AND EQUALITY
Boland, M. L. (2016). Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. Retrieved from google:
Ferguson, F. (2014). Pornography, the Theory: What Utilitarianism Did to Action. Retrieved
from google: https://books.google.co.in/books?
genderequality. (2014). Gender Equality? Retrieved from genderequality:
Smith, V. (2014). Sociology of Work: An Encyclopedia. Retrieved from google.:
vic. (2014). Sexual harassment in the workplace. Retrieved from vic:
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 14, 2020EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
STUCK WITH YOUR PAPER?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.