Portfolio Project Option #2: The Community Action Plan: Written Report and Handout ( Rou
Portfolio Project Option #2: The Community Action Plan: Written Report and Handout ( Rough draft- See the attach file)
Peer review comment-----
1) Be sure to use proper headers of symptoms, diagnosis, cure and prevention and make sure each section is at least 1 page in length.
2) The paper has a great deal of information however the references are almost 20 years old, and I would think with the prescription drug abuse epidemic that is occuring in the United States that there should be a great deal of information available on the subject. Also I could not tell which particular community that you are addressing in the paper, it came across as more national based. I think some statistics would help support the information that you have provided and drive home to the audience just how bad the problem is.
3) Be sure to use proper headers for your case study, and I would add some updated references that are not so old. There should be some great references out there at fit what your looking for.
Your Portfolio Project for this class is a community action plan designed to alleviate or correct a public-health issue in your community ( Cheap drug misuse). Your community can be your business, school, neighborhood, town or city of residence or birth, or county.
For Option 2, your Community Action Plan will be a professional portfolio that includes a written report and a handout.
Below are some useful sites where you can find examples of the elements of an action plan.
You will incorporate into this final plan any classmates? critiques that you found useful as well as instructor feedback.
- The written report should include:
- The final case study, with four sections (Symptoms, Diagnosis, Cure, and Prevention). Each section should be about a page in length. Your entire paper must be 4-5 pages in length not counting the title or reference pages, which you must include. Your paper must follow theCSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- You must back up your sections using at least two scholarly articles. You may use readings other than the textbook to meet this requirement.
- The key community members or partners that you plan on contacting, with an explanation why these individuals or organizations make sense as potential partners. This could include your list of potential partners created in Week 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #1, or your interview of one key partner completed in Week 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #2.
- A special emphasis on either the demographics of the affected population or the economic implications, depend on what Critical Thinking Assignment you completed for Week 5.
- A realistic timeline for your plan. Discuss the time needed for campaigning, education, funding, building, and implementation. Use ideas created during week 6 Critical Thinking Assignments, either the option for annotated bibliography or that for the brainstorming draft feedback.
- The handout that you will distribute to audience members describes the problem in your community and your action plan. You may design this as an outline of your presentation or as a brochure to accompany your presentation with highlighted key points. The purpose of this handout is both to educate the audience about the issue and to help them follow along with you as you speak. Keep in mind that in real life you will have limited time to convince people of the gravity of the situation and to come on board with their support, so you want to be persuasive and get to the key points quickly and effectively.
- Your handout must be supported by at least two scholarly articles. You may use the readings other than the textbook for this course.
- Format your handout according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Note: Be sure to submit both your written report and your handout for this assignment. Both files should be uploaded in a single submission to the assignment submission page.
Running head: CHEAP DRUG MISUSE Cheap Drug Misuse 1 CHEAP DRUG MISUSE 2
Cheap Drug Misuse Misuse and abuse of prescription drugs involves unintentional or intentional use of drugs
without prescription. National survey shows that approximately fifteen million people aged
twelve or older use prescription drugs non-medically. This is a growing national problem in
America since prescription drugs are abused and misused more frequently than all other drugs
except alcohol and marijuana. This growth is attributed to misperceptions about safety of
prescription drugs, and increasing availability (Seivewright, 1999). Prescription drug abuse and
misuse-related emergency visits and admissions for visits have significantly risen in the recent
past. Prescription drug abuse and misuse also has other negative outcomes that include death
and overdose, fractures and falls in older adults, and HIV and hepatitis, which may arise from
injections of the drugs (Seivewright, 1999). Prescription drug overdose and abuse is a complex
problem, and involves insufficient oversight for curbing inappropriate prescribing, pharmacy and
insurance benefit policies, and the fact that most people believe that prescription drugs are never
dangerous. There has been a national drug control strategy in the United States, which has the
objective of reducing misuse of drugs by laying emphasis and enlightening people about its
In order to counter the problem of drug misuse, there need to be a program that is
intended to unfold awareness regarding medication abuse and misuse. This should be aimed at
offering tips to understand prescription data, safely getting and administering medications, and
properly putting off unused medications (Keene, 1997). The campaign additionally will
encourage individuals to share personal stories regarding medication misuse and connects web
site users with medication awareness events happening across the country. In addition, there
should be an academic program to inform families of the importance of safe CHEAP DRUG MISUSE 3 medication storage. Its associate degree initiative should be to defend, in partnership with the
Centersfor illness management and interference, the patron tending merchandise Association
Academic Foundation, and others. The campaign will encourage adults to place medication out
of reach of kids and to show children regarding medication safety. Different tips entail telling a
toddler that medication is candy, even if having hassle administering medicine and also
instructing guests to place bags, coats, purses, and bags containing medication out of
sight. Oldsters and caregivers will take a pledge on the campaign web site to stay medication up
and aloof from youngsters (Keene, 1997). Those that take the pledge square measure will be
inspired to share it with family and friends through email and social media.
This campaign will be treated as a part of National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign
with the objective of assisting people get on feet to look pressure and alternative influences that
may encourage the utilization of medication and alcohol. Through TV commercials, net
advertising, as well as regular communication with people through Facebook; this can be an
instructional campaign that can encourage teens to remember all messages they receive regarding medication and alcohol (Keene, 1997). Appreciating that the campaign
provides one among several messages people receive regarding alcohol and drug use, the web
site urges teens to review sources of data to examine the facts and create knowing selections. The
Science Behind substance abuse could be a campaign meshed toward adolescents of ages
between eleven and fifteen years. It uses a journal and drug factsheets to coach youths,
and academics regarding the science behind drug misuse. The campaign website contains data on
a large array of drugs, as well as risking drug trends. The journal contains celebrity
stories regarding the hazards of substance misuse, answers to real queries from teens, and
data regarding how the brain works and also the effects of medication on the brain. CHEAP DRUG MISUSE 4 Public service announcement campaign can encourage the oldsters and caregivers to
speak to their kids regarding the hazards of alcohol. It?s designed to extend parents? understanding and awareness of drug abuse, and to assist them have interaction in thoughtful
conversations on the subject with the teenagers in their lives (Keene, 1997). Resources
obtainable in English and in Spanish embrace data on the implications misuse of drugs, recommendation for responsive tough queries that kids could raise regarding alcohol, and
then sample text messages that folks will send to their kids reminding them to not abuse drugs
(Keene, 1997). There can also be public education initiative with the aim of stimulating
conversations between adults and the youths on the harms of drug abuse, associated to
make a setting wherever youth, parents, and also the general public see drug abuse as harmful.
This can involve opening a website that includes separate sections for youth; families; educators;
teens; and community leaders, each having its own set of data and engagement tools. This
provides materials for top colleges, social services organizations, colleges, and drug sellers
to unfold the message that providing drugs to teens is illegal, unsafe, and devil-may-care (Keene,
1997). Campaign announcements, materials embrace press
the editor, and releases, buttons to letters to feature to radio public services the websites. The campaign website conjointly includes facts regarding drug abuse, drug use laws by state, and
media acquisition tools.
As you age, it's vital to understand regarding your medicines to avoid potential issues. As
you mature you will be long-faced with additional health conditions that you simply ought to treat
on a daily basis. It?s vital to remember that additional use of medicines and traditional body
changes brought about by aging will increase the possibility of unwanted or even harmful drug
interactions (Keene, 1997). The additional you recognize regarding your medicines and also CHEAP DRUG MISUSE
the additional you speak along 5
with your health care professionals, the simpler it's to avoid issues with medicines. As people age, body changes will have an effect on the manner in
which medicines get absorbed and used. For instance, changes within the system will have an
effect on how briskly medicines enter the blood (Keene, 1997). Changes in weight will influence
the number of drugs people wish to require and the period it stays in the body. The circulation
system could prevent, which might have an effect on how briskly medication get to the kidney
and liver. The liver and kidneys additionally may fit additional slowly moving the means a drug
breaks down and is far from the body. Due to these body changes, there's additionally a much
bigger risk of drug interactions for older people. Drug-drug interactions happen once 2 or additional medicines react with one another to cause unwanted effects (Keene,
1997). This type of interaction may perhaps create one medication stronger also cause
than one medication to it ought to be. For not work similarly or instance, you must not take Bayer if you're taking a prescription blood diluent, like Coumadin, unless your health care
skilled tells you to. CHEAP DRUG MISUSE 6
References Keene, J. (1997). Drug misuse: Prevention, harm minimization, and treatment. London:
Chapman & Hall.
Seivewright, N. (1999). Community treatment of drug misuse: More than methadone.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Notice: Undefined index: payment_status in /home/aceyourh/studycourse.fun/wp-content/themes/premier/page-templates/paper-detail.php on line 248
This question was answered on: Oct 14, 2020
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Notice: Undefined variable: ip_country in /home/aceyourh/studycourse.fun/wp-content/themes/premier/page-templates/paper-detail.php on line 456
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.