I am really struggling with this question.
Can someone Please help me to figure out how to solve it.
Please accept only if you are sure that you know how to solve it.
Midnight Oil and Gas is considering building a pipeline from a remote source of gas with only a 10 year supply of reserves. This qualifies the pipeline for a CCA rate of 20 percent rather than the normal 4 percent. The pipeline will cost $1 million; accompanying buildings will cost another $200,000. The buildings are Class 1 with a CCA rate of 4 percent.
Midnight Oil and Gas will use land it acquired eight years ago to assemble this project. The land was purchased for $500,000, and it is now worth $2 million. Annual cash flows before amortization from the pipeline and taxes for the 10-year period are estimated at $625,000. In 10 years the buildings and pipeline will be worthless, but the land will be worth $4.5 million. Environmental clean-up costs at the end of the project are expected to be $1.2 million.
Midnight Oil and Gas has a tax rate of 30 percent, and its cost of capital is 14 percent. Capital gains are taxed at 50 percent of the gain. Should Midnight Oil and Gas build the pipeline?
· Isolate cash inflows (or savings) versus cash outflows (costs, taxes)
· Annual inflows will be subject to taxation.
· Didn?t sell land () means a cost but then ?saved? capital gains tax
· Assume land sells in year 11 (capital gains tax) after cleanup in year 10
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 14, 2020EXPERT
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
STUCK WITH YOUR PAPER?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.